6.30.2011

Ambushed

I'm heading out to an industry party tonight after I visit my niece this afternoon. After that, a group of current and former coworkers are heading out to dinner to celebrate the birthday and last day of my best coworker friend.

This should be a fun evening. The party is a beach party, with sand trucked into a parking lot. The weather is beautiful. I am in a point in my cycle where I can actually enjoy a cocktail or two.

So, while out to lunch with coworkers, all who will be present tonight, we started talking about the others who are coming to dinner. They brought up this girl R, and how she's due in August.

Excuse me, what?!

I didn't even know she was expecting. The last time I saw her was in January, where it seems her excuse of not drinking due to dieting was a little white lie. While, I of course, wasn't drinking that night because I am chronicaly two-week waiting.

Damn it.

I was so looking forward to a carefree, fun night out, and now I have to stare at a 7 month pregnant belly. This was not part of the plan.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh Jen I am so sorry. I hope it wasn't too much torture and I do hope you had a chance to enjoy a few cocktails. I love how you said you are chronically in the 2ww- lol. amen.

    Hope this weekend provides you with better, I mean, less pregnant company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry hon. Gosh I understand that feeling. It's like you can't get away from it!

    Just try to focus on everyone else and steer clear. I wish it were easier to stay locked in our little world, but life keeps busting in...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.