6.16.2011

Tomorrow

Tomorrow could be one of the best days of my life.

Tomorrow could be one of the worst days of my life.

How is one supposed to prepare for such two drastically different outcomes? I can't think of any other situation in life where the two opposing outcomes are so drastically different. There just isn't any precedent on how one should feel the night before getting such news. Especially not for getting news when I know exactly when that news is coming. Approximately 10 hours from now.

I'm trying to think about previous situations in my life where I was waiting for a yes/no answer.


  • Getting into college. I was number 2 in my class. So I guess I wasn't really worried about that one. And it's not like you know exactly when the letter is going to arrive in the mailbox. It just sort of sneaks up on you. 
  • Passing my professional exam. Well, it would have sucked if I didn't. But was I really going to fail all three sections? It still would have been a step forward. 
  • Making an offer on our house. Again, it would have sucked if we didn't get the house, but we would have found a different house, or made do where we were for a little longer. In that situation, we did know we'd have an answer on that particular day, but not the exact second when the phone would ring. 
I don't know. That's all I've got. And it's not enough to tell me how I'm supposed to feel right now. 

I surprisingly don't feel as nervous as I thought I would. I expect that will change as soon as I try to sleep. I think I've been so busy at work I haven't had too much time to think during the week. I still feel really tired, and a bit headachy. And I have absolutely no idea how this is going to go. 

And I have no idea how I'm supposed to feel. 

11 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for u!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying like mad for you. Seriously - like mad. Someone out there has to have good news and I want it to be you!

    Breathe and just put one foot in front of the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck tomorrow :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with there... there really is no way of knowing how to prepare. It's not really something you can prepare for. What you can do is to take care of yourself and regardless of the outcome, to be proud that you have come so far and shown such strength in working to become a mom. Thinking of you and hoping that tomorrow is one of the best days of your life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that tomorrow is one of the best days of your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh! I can imagine myself in your position right now. In fact, I will be in your position in a matter of less than two weeks. I don't know how to answer your question, but try to keep yourself as busy as you can and just breath.

    This is such a big thing and I am SO hopeful for you. Good luck sweetie! If this works for both of us (god willing), we will have babies super close to each other.

    Keep us in the loop my friend!

    MissC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying that tomorrow brings good news for you. I crossing all the fingers and toes I possibly can! Try to get some rest tonight! You have tons of people rooting for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. will be thinking of you and looking forward to good news later today. deep breaths and lots of hope will get you through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am praying for good luck!! Thinking of you xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.