Dear Violetta,
I have written this letter to you so many times in my mind. Today, the day after you came home with me, perfectly timed to be the 100th post of the blog chronicling our journey to you, seems absolutely the right time to write it.
I hope you are and your siblings are enjoying your new home, and will decide to stick around for awhile. I'm doing everything I can to make it comfy for you. Your dad and I are so excited to meet you! It took us a long time to find each other, but it was worth the wait. We know you will be worth the wait too. (but we are getting a little impatient, so please do your best to show up soon!)
I have known I wanted you to be a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I've always loved babies. I've even been known to be called a baby hog on occasion. But you are so much more to me than a baby. You will make me a mother. And I have wanted to be a mother so badly, that I was willing to try to do it on my own if I hadn't been lucky enough to meet your dad.
I've dreamed about all the halloween costumes we will make together, the birthday parties we will plan, the christmas cookies we will decorate, the movies we will watch snuggled up on the couch together with a bowl or popcorn, the sand castles we will build after a swim in the ocean, the list goes on and on. I can't wait to share all these experiences with you and find a renewed zest for life through your eyes. (because yes, my zest has been a bit dampened during this journey, I can't deny it).
Your dad is one of the hardest working, most brilliant people I know. I'm looking forward to watching him pass on his inventiveness to you. He can make anything he imagines, usually from random scraps of things he has kept around the house. You will have so much fun together! I hope you get his gift for storytelling too. Trust me, you'd rather tell stories like him than me any day.
Last summer, we bought a really great house for you. You will have a great sunny bedroom, with a huge closet (which doesn't matter to you all that much right now, but trust me, if you do turn out to be a girl, it will!), and someday I will help you decorate it however you like. There's a family room in the basement with plenty of room for lots of toys, and big enough for slumber parties. And the yard has lots of room to run and play. We can probably add a swing set sometime in the future.
More than anything, my darling baby(ies), I want you to know that you are loved, and wanted, and we are ready for you. Even if you decide that you would really much rather be a boy. We'd really be ok with that. I have a little brother, and know a thing or two about playing GI Joe or matchbox cars.
We are ready for you. Your grandmas are ready for you. Your aunt, uncles and cousin are ready for you. (Lady C just learned to walk. I'm sure she'll be excited to help you learn how when it's your turn.) and there are so many others rooting for you to grow big and strong and show up soon.
I love you, my darling Violetta (and Luigi and Lucia)!
Love,
Mom
xoxo
So sweet!! What a wonderful mother you are going to be!
ReplyDeleteThat was WONDERFUL. I have a post saved just like this. A 'dear baby' of sorts. I have been waiting for the right time to post it and I think you nailed if with the timing.
ReplyDeleteI am pulling for your little embies and wish you the best of luck in your quest to begin your family.
MissC
What a beautiful post and such a great way to spend your time while you are waiting to get GOOD news!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the additional names, I was sort of wondering what you'd do if you had a boy or twins or both.
ReplyDeleteGood post, I wish I could be so articulate and creative to have come up with something like this. Guess it just means that you are that much more ready. It truly is your turn and I am hoping/wishing/praying for the best for you.
Very cute! Wishing you all the best!
ReplyDelete