2.26.2012

Seven Weeks

Dad and I are on our way to Puerto Rico today, for a little babymoon! We are very much looking forward to a week of rest and relaxation in the sun. Boy could I use it. I am tired all the time these days. I hope that you inherit my love of the beach, and all things related to being in the water (oceans or pools) and not your dads fear of flying and general travel anxiety!

The biggest excitement of our week leading up to this vacation was that we go to see you, Violetta! Your little heart was beating away, flickering away like a blinking light. What a beautiful sight. And, you appear to be an over achiever already, measuring at one day ahead of schedule. So, according to the sonographer, you are due on October 13. I'm imagining many Halloween themed costume birthday parties in your future! Yes, I'm hoping you'll love Halloween as much as I do too.

This week you are a half an inch long, the size of a raspberry, a blueberry or a coffee bean. I'm thinking that could be an interesting ice cream flavor. We get to see you again when we are back from our vacation, and I can't wait to see how big you'll be then!

10 comments:

  1. I am so so happy for you -- this post brought tears to my eyes Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 7 weeks! I hope you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your trip! While you can't have the liquor, you can still indulge in the fruity, umbrella'd drinks!

    Halloween birthdays sound great to me! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts written to Violetta! Have fun on vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halloween babies r the best! I was one of them and it's awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for an awesome scan!! And, yay for a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.