- Elphaba has decided to create a community for women who are Pregnant/Parenting after Infertility or Loss. (PAIL). Stop on by and check it out if you would like to know more. I think it's a great idea since so many of us struggle with how we fit in after that BFP. It might feel a bit early for me to sign up for such a thing, but I'm choosing to move forward with optimism that this pregnancy will result in a take home Violetta. I have no reason not to think so, right?
- Speaking of this pregnancy, man am I exhausted! I've been waking up three times a night to pee, having a hard time getting comfortable to sleep, mostly due to my shoulders which haven't acted up in awhile, and getting out of bed. Wow. It's hard.
- I feel not nauseous, but just gross, unsettled, heart burny most of the time. As long as I keep eating, chewing tums and sucking on ginger altoids, everything is fine. For the past few days, I have had to eat my cereal earlier in my morning routine than normal though, because everything was not going to be ok otherwise. Oh, and the burping is out. of. control!
- I am completely ecstatic that I even have the experience to need to write the above two bullet points!
- After a week of PIO, my hips are still so freaking itchy, I can barely stand it. Yesterday, I was in a team meeting, and I almost had to run to the bathroom just so I could pull my pants down and scratch. Seriously. Scratching through my pants just doesn't cut it.
- How early is too early for maternity pants? I was not a slender girl to begin with. On an average day, one might guess that I am four months pregnant anyway. The difference is that on an average day, I have the ability to suck it in! Trust me, this is no longer an option. I have one pair of jeans that still fits without some modification, and a few pairs of pants with elastic waist bands, and lots of dresses. But I am definitely struggling. It's a good think I'm on my way to the beach for a week where I will only really have to wear a nice stretchy bathing suit all day!
- I on my way to the beach on Sunday! We're off to Puerto Rico on a 5:30 am flight. We have to leave our house at 3:30. My god, what have we done? I'm trusting that the beach on the other side will be worth it. We're leaving so early because we have to drive about 45 minutes outside of San Juan to get to the resort, and most of the flights arrived after dinner. We didn't want to drive in the dark!
- I have a new favorite sandwich at my local deli. Yes, I am a submarine sandwich kind of girl. Born and raised on roast beef with russian. Yum! Giving up deli meats leaves me lacking in a serious way. But there is this sub on a french baguette...just veggies, all of them, cucumbers, roasted red pepers, pickles, olives, etc. with cheddar cheese and russian. I've had it three days in a row. Heaven .
- This has got to be enough randomness for anyone to read through today. Happy Friday all!
After a three year struggle, the third IVF was the charm. Welcome to the next book of the Chronicles...The New Adventures of Luigi Limoncello!
2.24.2012
Randomness on a Dreary Friday
On this Friday before my week's vacation, bullet points are about all I can muster due to the vacation brain and the exhaustion. So, here ya go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Friday to you! And, have a WONDERFUL time at the beach!
ReplyDeleteThe burping hasn't gone away for me. Happens ALL the time.
Love the idea of the PAIL community!
I waited until 10 weeks for maternity pants but the only reason that worked was because I happened to have a whole bunch of pants that were two sizes too big for me (pre preg). And, I wore a belly band to hold them up while they were unbuttoned. But, the moment I put on those maternity pants, it was like a choir of heavenly angels was singing they were so comfortable. So, I say go for it.
Have a fabulous vacation.....the beach is calling me too, but alas I will have to live vicariously through you.... enjoy!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd as far as maternity pants...where stretchy yoga pants, they work wonders. I wore them until I was about 22 weeks along. I did use maternity sweats from OLD NAVY and actually still wear them...they're just like regular sweats but sit under the belly...LOVE LOVE LOVE them...go with what you're comfortable in. At this point its all about comfort!
Again have a fabulous vacay!
I have one pair of yoga pants that I got during my second cycle. I've been wearing them to work once a week. They are my favorite. I probably need to start wearing them more. The thing is, that in my office, I can get away with wearing jeans every day if I want to, and some of my more comfortable clothes are dressier (or look that way in the case of black yoga pants!) so I'm worried people are going to get suspicious before I'm ready to talk!
DeleteI hate driving in the dark. Sounds like a yummy sandwich. Not pregnant but because of my fibromyalgia I already get up three times a night to pee.
ReplyDeleteMy wardrobe currently consists of three pairs of leggings on constant rotation, along with knit skirts and dresses. I can't wait for summer when I can wear a dress without leggings everyday.
ReplyDeleteWhere in PR are you going? We looked into Vieques when we were deciding where to go...
ReplyDeletehorray to tiredness! it is reassuring and exhausting at the same time.
ReplyDeleteapparently after a fresh cycle we are more bloated than most because our ovaries are bloated - so get into maternity wear as soon as you feel you need it. trust me you will breathe a sigh of relief.
have a great baby moon - god knows you deserve it. xx
Enjoy PR! I love it there so much I can't wait to hear how your vacation was. And boo for the itching. I hope I don't itch when I start PIO.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of PAIL. I don't even know what my blog is about right now. I guess for most of us blogging just an outlet for our stress. While I am thrilled to have my first ever BFP, the stress has not gone away. In fact, I think I'm more stressed than ever. So many 'what ifs'.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time at the beach!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy yoru vacation! I'm super jealous- would love to be in some tropical location with my toes in the sand...
ReplyDeleteAs for the maternity wear, I say wear whatever you want. I ppl at work ask about your wardrobe change, just tell them you're trying out a new look.
I am endeared to you forever over that pants bit. Thanks for keeping it real. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a fantastic vacation...you deserve it!
ReplyDeleteI bought my first pair of maternity jeans at 8 weeks, and it was like a whole new word opened up.... So much more comfortable. I'd skip the belly band- I bought one and it always felt too tight on an already bloated belly. Have so much fun on your vacation!!!
ReplyDeleteHave an awesome trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete