7.19.2011

Busy

It seems like I'm running non-stop right now. I swear I wold loose my head if it wasn't attached. I can't even tell you how many things I have forgotten or misplaced in the past few weeks.

I'm on a deadline at work. What does that mean in the exciting world of architecture? It means ramping up hours for at least two weeks prior to the deadline, only to have the deadline move out a week after you've already been working late to get everything done...giving you more time...wo work long hours. Oh yay! It means shoving food into your face at your desk at lunch time, and hoping you can make it home for a reasobably healthy dinner that required no preparation because you are too tired for that. It means going out for a walk after the sun has set (and it's summer folks!) because you are trying as hard as possible to loose the weight from your first IVF, plus a few more, before launching into your second in just a few weeks.

And it means being a bit behind on the blogging front!

So, yesterday, good old Auntie showed up meaning I get to start bcps on Wednesday. The nurse is guessing stims will start around 8/12. Hopefully, retreival and transfer will happen after 8/20, which is the final official deadline for our construction documents. (That doesn't mean the work on the project stops, it just means that our drawings will be in the hands of the bidders for a few weeks to there is some breathing room). Who knows, maybe I will end up working so many extra hours that I can take some time at the end of the month to relax through the process.

Aside from IVF#2, Hubby, my mom and I had a great trip to Muscatine, Iowa for my cousin's wedding this past weekend. It was a lot of traveling, with not much else to do but the wedding itself, but it was really great to see my family, most of whom we haven't seen in the three years since my wedding! I have a post floating around in my head about some of the difference between Iowa and Mass, but who knows if I'll even find the time to write it.

I guess that's it for now. Just trying to stay afloat without loosing my mind. I hope you will all pardon me for being a commenting slacker. I'm going to try to make up for it with this month's ICLW, but I don't have high hopes!

9 comments:

  1. just reading your post exhausts me, lol. I don't know how you do it :) Hope you find a few minutes for yourself sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear your take on Iowa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work sounds crazy. I hope you do get that time off.

    I too would love to hear what you have to say about that area of the country. I grew up just east of there and went to Graduate school in Iowa City.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you have stayed busy!!! sometimes it's good by making time pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you were close to my neck of the woods while you were in Muscatine- I would love to read a post about the differences between Iowa and Mass- I bet it would be hilarious! Good luck with your crazy busy month :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! Keeping busy can be good, but it sure is exhausting. Make sure you are leaving time for down time and regrouping for this next IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm overwhelmed just reading about your work schedule! Hang in there Jen, you're doing amazing.

    So exciting that you start bcp today! (well, not exciting but you know what I mean...you're getting close!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have to admit this is the busiest summer I've had in a long time. And with your crazy busy schedule, I know I'm not alone. OF course no one I work with has had a minute to them selves.

    I hope you do get a break at the end of next month to chill out. Everyone deserves a little time off :)

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang...Your summer sounds crazy! August 20th will be here before you know it! Good luck with your project at work!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.