Just spoke with the doctor. Our of 12 eggs, 8 were mature, and 5 actually fertilized. I was really hoping for more than that with the use of ICSI this time. For the first time, I'm feeling a bit of a kink in my positive outlook. It's only one more than we had the last time. I hope a few of them make it to 8 cells this time. We will have the transfer on Tuesday, a 3 day transfer. My clinic doesn't do 5 days, and has actually even starting doing 2 day transfers when there are very few embryos and they don't actually have a choice of which ones to put back.
OK, so, a few deep breaths, and I'm processing the numbers a little more.
8 mature with 5 fertilized is a fertilization rate of 62%
Last time, I have 13 mature with 4 fertilized, which is a rate of 30%.
If I look at it this way, that's twice a good as last time, right? I'm really hoping these are of a better quality. And like we all often remind ourselves, it only takes one, right? I will get a call tomorrow with a time for Tuesday's transfer. We won't know anymore about quality until we get to transfer.
So until then, distraction is the mission.
That's some real improvement! I will be thinking of you Tuesday for a smooth transfer with all of my fingers crossed.
ReplyDelete62% is very good! I wish I could get a fertilization percentage like that :) I've got everything crossed that at least one of them sticks.
ReplyDelete5 embryos sounds very good!!! Good luck with your transfer! :)
ReplyDeleteThose do sound like good numbers. Hoping things go much better this time around.
ReplyDeleteThose are great numbers- stay positive!!
ReplyDeleteI am hoping they all keep on dividing. We had 5 embies in the end too and luckily 2 of the 5 were excellent quality, so you SO have a shot. Especially with the 3 day transfer. I know people that transferred low grade embies and still ended up with a pregnancy, so keep up that positive attitude!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to find out what they are lookin' like!
I think 5 embies is as great a shot as any. We had a bunch to start, but in the end far less made it through proper fertilization and dividing and only three of those were considered good enough for transfer/freezing...so I don't think it really matters as much if you start with 3, 5, or 15...what matters is that one or two make it to the end, and I think your odds are looking pretty shiny!
ReplyDelete5 Embryos is great!! Sending positive thoughts!
ReplyDeleteMags