6.25.2012

Twenty Four Weeks

This weekend, we went to visit your Granny for the first time. She and I spent a lot of time preparing for the shower she is throwing for us in a few weeks. We bought a lot of fun blue and green items, some of which we will even be able to use in your room after the shower. We also celebrated her birthday, which is coming up this week, by taking her out to dinner and a movie. The biggest excitement of the weekend was getting a facetime call from your Uncle W on Granny's iPad and learning that your cousin G had been born at home on Saturday morning. I can't wait for you two to meet and become good friends. It's so cool that you will get to grow up together...well, as soon as we can get your uncle to move back from England anyway.

I have been feeling you moving around more and more often. Daddy actually really officially felt you kick today while we were swinging the hammock! We're looking forward to lots of family hammock time together next summer. While we were relaxing, we were looking at our back yard and talking about all the fun play spaces you will have. Daddy even started scoping a spot for a tree fort.

Granny was also lucky enough to feel you kick on Saturday night. She kept asking if you were moving. I kept telling her that you were, but not really enough for anyone to feel you. Then, later that night, you were kicking so hard, my belly was visibly moving from the outside. I called her over and told her to push down, and sure enough, you gave her a kick! Probably because she was smooshing you!

Twenty-four weeks is a pretty magical milestone to hit, my little ear of corn. At twenty-four weeks, you are far enough along to have a fighting chance surviving outside of my belly. Of course, Luigi, we all hope that you stay there for at least another 14-16 weeks. Your home is the size of a soccer ball by now. I hope it is nice and roomy for you. Yes, please stay there for awhile!


*23 week picture is up too!

5 comments:

  1. Looking wonderful and congrats on your huge milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh viability! What a wonderful word! Mazel tov on passing that very important milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you made it to viability! Now please keep him in there as long as possible. Time to practice holding an asprin between your knees...my grandma's advice on a date so I couldn't get pregnant! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every week from here on out is a wonderful bonus. I am so happy you made it to this important milestone. Your belly is looking healthy and gorgeous. I love that Luigi will have all of these little letters to him before he is even born. I can't wait to see the nursery when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.