Violetta Luigi (as your Granny has taken to calling you until we know for sure what you are), we got to see you on Monday, and it was pretty amazing! You're looking like a real little baby now. You kept holding your hands in front of your teeny face, either sucking your thumb, or protecting yourself from the jabbing of the ultrasound. We were told that you have a prominent nasal bone, which is an excellent sign of development at this point, and also not surprising since three out of eight of your great-grandparents are 100% Italian. I do hope that you don't end up with my grandfather's nose though! Trust me, it's prominent!
This week was also my 37th birthday, on April 4th. Oh, how I wish you could have come into my life when I was a bit younger, but I am hoping that you will keep both of your parents feeling younger longer. Daddy took me out for a lovely Italian dinner, and surprised me with a digital SLR camera so I will be able to take awesome picture of you once you arrive in October. There was a time in college when I knew how to use an SLR, but I will definitely need to learn a lot about my fancy new camera.
My mom, your Granny, came to visit this weekend also, in honor of my birthday and Easter, which was this weekend. She and I went shopping for lots of clothes for me that will fit your little bump much better. She also picked out an adorable gray giraffe rattle for you. So far, your first toys have established a bit of a zoo animal theme. And, we also picked out your first outfit. Since we don't know what color you will prefer yet, we found a gray sweater one-piece outfit on sale at Baby Gap with a matching knit cap. (I love that store, but my little peach - yes, that's how big you are this week - you will probably only get stuff from the sale racks!)
Lastly, we hosted a small Easter dinner with Granny, Daddy's mom (I don't know you'll be calling her yet) and your Uncle J. Daddy and I are not religious people, but we come from families with Catholic backgrounds, so a lot of holidays come up as an excuse to get together with our family. Someday, we'll tell you all about Easter and what it means to different people. To us, it is a celebration of Spring, new life, and fertility. Seems fitting right now. Daddy's mom also brought a gift for you. A green blanket with an elephant - unknowingly continuing the zoo theme, but also because Daddy went to Tufts University, and also a book of fairy tales with a purple. I will not be reading Hansel & Gretel to you. That story made me afraid of ovens for years! Anyway, little one, it is clear that you are very loved already!
I almost forgot a huge part of the week! We have started slowly spreading the news of your arrival. I told a few important people at my job, and then my two of my good friends, J9 and Angie, on Friday over lunch. They were so excited to hear about you, and can't wait to find out what colors to start buying for you. Uncle Angie said "we need to know so we can plan!" Daddy was so excited to see you this week that he shared your picture with his hair dresser on Monday, and started to tell some of our neighbors. Yes, excitement is brewing for your arrival, that is for sure!
*pictures later when I get caught up from Granny's weekend visit...
![]() |
| *technically taken 13w4d |

Aww...see I was hoping for pictures today. But since you said they'll be up later I'll have to hold you to that. So glad that everything is going well.
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear things are going well. Looking forward to more posts.
ReplyDeleteOh the pictures you will take of little Violetta! SLRs are the best! Happy Birthday my dear!
ReplyDeleteReading your posts make me smile!
ReplyDeleteI love these posts.
ReplyDeleteSuch an awesome week! :)
ReplyDeletelove it!! I am so so happy things are moving along so well for you both. I can't wait for you to find out if baby is a she or he!
ReplyDeleteAs for those gap clothes...oh yea! Sale racks everywhere for us. Stupid IF pulled from the 'buy for baby' budget like a champ!
YAY for 13 weeks!
ReplyDeleteyou look hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwt!
ReplyDelete