I stayed home again today. I'm glad that work is slow right now, and I don't have to feel guilty over taking care of myself. I slept most of the day, and I am feeling slightly better than yesterday. Yesterday, I was soooo stuffed up there was literally no air passing through my nose. Today, I can breathe again, although not perfectly. I have been sneezing, and am starting to get a cough, but these things I can deal with. It's the completely stuffed up head that is really hard to take. If that's behind me, I think I should be able to make it back to work tomorrow. I don't want to use up all my personal time on this cold! I need time off soon for retrieval/transfer and bed rest!
And...still no sign of Auntie. I've rescheduled baseline twice. It is now scheduled for Friday morning. Chickenpig, I'm not sure why they don't just let me tell them when she shows up. They schedule it after 10 days of Lupron. I have to remember, that I started Lupron on Day 19 instead of Day 22 because of my holiday travel. With my first cycle with Lupron, she didn't show until Day 32, which was baseline day. This time, that would be Saturday. So, we shall see where we are by 2:30 tomorrow (early enough to call the nurse and get a call back that day).
In any case, I am trying to to be frustrated about the delay, because I need this time to get healthy. I'm really paranoid about having to cancel because of this stupid cold. I haven't been sick like this in a really long time (all those prenatal vitamins and all.) I don't even know where the hell it came from. I've barely been out in the world for over a week, just around family and a small group of friend, non of whom seemed to be sick. This really came out of nowhere and hit me like a brick! What a way to welcome the new year!
feel better soon! glad you are taking care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteOh hon sending you some lemon, honey and hot water!! Something in your blog totally stuck out at me though......the fact you haven't been sick in a really long time. That was one of the first indicators of NK cells for me. Just saying.....Get better soon and for once hurry up AF and then don't you dare come back!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon! AF better get here soon.
ReplyDeleteIt has been one heck of a winter as far a sickness goes. EVERYONE seems like they are or recently have been sick. Hopefully you have done your duty and will have a healthy rest of the winter!
ReplyDeleteYuck, I hate being sick. I hope you feel better soon and that AF shows up right after. You need to get this show on the road!
ReplyDeleteAh, I see. My clinic makes us go in to get blood work drawn on CD21 to make sure ovulation occurred. If it has, then the call comes in saying that Lupron starts that night. Base line is always set between 3-5 days after AF starts, so we have to call on CD1 to schedule. I'm not sure what they do w people who don't ovulate? I guess it doesn't matter if they are going to stuff you with hormones and give you a trigger shot.
ReplyDeleteI'll send an invitation to AF for you:
Dear Aunt Flo,
Your presence is humbly requested at Jen's uterus as soon as conveniently possible. IVF treatment to follow. Also, it would be greatly appreciated if the sinus area would clean up it's act.
Thank you, sincerely, friends of Jen
Ugh on all accounts.
ReplyDeleteFEEL BETTER!!!!! Rest up and then you will be good and healthy when you get your babies transfered :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think a cold will put off anything...not sure about AF.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon!
So good you took the day off to take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDelete