I made it to work today. I'm not so sure it was the brightest idea, but I could see my PTO bank (paid time off, vacation and sick time in one pool) disappearing before my very eyes. And, one of my coworkers is leaving and her farewell was this afternoon. I wanted to see her off. I did leave by 4 this afternoon though.
In any case, sometime this morning, a trip to the bathroom revealed the slightest tinge of brown on the tissue. Whew, I thought. I don't have to call the nurse, yet again, to reschedule my baseline. We can finally get this show on the road!
But then, right after 3 in the afternoon, shortly after I would have had to call in if not for starting to spot. My phone range with my clinic's number. Strange. I don't need to postpone again...why are they calling me? I let it go to voicemail since I was at my desk in the open, but then immediately listened to the message.
Apparently, they are now intentionally delaying my baseline to next Tuesday morning (at 7am...what happend to my 7:30, don't they know they kill me with that first appointment of the day and send all of my coworkers in to shock when I appear at work closer to 8 than 9?). Why, you might ask? I guess there was some construction in the embryology lab during their closing for the holiday and there is one part that hasn't yet come in. So, they are delaying me now so that I won't have to have my retrieval elsewhere.
I suppose I would find this incredibly frustrating if not for the fact that now I have 5 more days to recover from the cold from hell! In case you are curious, breathing is going much better, but I'm starting to get that awesome chest cough now. Mmmm, my favorite.
I headed to acupuncture tonight, despite the delay in starting stims, in hopes that it might offer some relief from the cold. My head definitely felt somewhat lighter when I left. We'll see what tomorrow brings. At least it's Friday already!
In other good news, Hubby was able to get the last week of Feb/first week of March off and we are planning a tropical beach vacation!! If all goes well, this will be a few weeks after beta. I know it might be a crazy time to travel, but we need this trip like you wouldn't believe, especially after the work year he just finished, and no matter what the result of this cycle. If it works, then it's our last chance to relax on the beach without babies, and if it doesn't, well, then, need I say more. I need to plan this because life has to be about more than the ttc process. Hubby and I need to get away and have time together. I'm so sick of having to plan (or not) everything around what ifs. So, we're going to go for it. Although, I will give the doctor a call and ask her opinion of air travel halfway through the first trimester just to be sure.
OK, that said, anyone have any favorite tropical destinations that are easy to get to from the east coast? (no small planes, hubby won't do it.) Please share!
Hmm...I loved the Bahamas, Florida Keys...or Jamaica.
ReplyDeleteOMG You are going to sooooooo enjoy a beach vacation! It is so nice to have something lie that to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteDarn, you said easy to get to. I was going to suggest Hawaii, which is my absolute favorite. If you want easy, you pretty much are looking at Carribean, or possibly Mexico (Playa del Carmen & Riviera Maya is a quick flight). I liked Barbados quite a lot (bit more interesting geography) and if you want a cool and not-that-expensive hotel check out the Rock House in Jamaica. Only problem with Jamaica is you are sort of stuck within the resorts - not as easy to travel around. But from the sounds of it that just might be perfect for you & your Hubby!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Miss C. I loved Key West and the rest of the keys. I did a road trip that included driving down to Key West and the Everglades. I think you'd really like it.
ReplyDeleteBahamas are also awesome, and you can take a boat so no small planes.
Well, I'm glad you'll have more time to recoup from the cold. And, hopefully all will go smoothly from here on out.
ReplyDeleteWe used to go to Key West when I was younger and it is beautiful!
Ohhhh can I come in the suitcase?!?!?! Dominican, Cozumel, Bahamas....all lovely!
ReplyDeleteTTC is a real drain on the relationship. I think getting away is really what all of us needs. If this one fails or works, either way, I'm going on vacation asap!
ReplyDeleteGood for you on the vacay!! Sorry that your appt got delayed but hoping it all works out for the best! Wishing you all the best!!
ReplyDelete